Tulsimoolikai - BHU YOGA Herbal Dyed Organic Cotton Yoga Rug in Holy Basil - Rubberised anti-skid backing
The Tulsimoolikai yoga rug is made with 100% organic cotton yarn, and dyed in a concoction of over 60 Ayurvedic herbs, with Tulsi (holy basil) being the dominant herb giving the rug its green colour. Specially woven to provide increased traction to the yogi on the top and rubberised on the bottom with rubber tree sap, it’s a yoga mat that gets better with time and can last a lifetime.
Inspired to reduce chemical dyes ending up in local rivers and groundwater in India’s traditional textile belt, local weavers took to the ancient methods of Ayurvedic dyeing to produce this series of herbal dyed mats.
The Tulsimoolikai mat is ideal as a:
- Vinyasa Yoga and Kundalini Yoga mat. It absorbs sweat and washing the mat is encouraged.
- Meditation mat
- Prayer mat or pooja mat
- Picnic mat
While tulsi reveals itself in the yoga mat's colour, the cotton yarn is dyed in vats of boiling concoctions that include over 60 herbs.
Some of the primary herbs used and their benefits are:
- Neem (Azadirachta Indica)
- The widely present Neem tree is loving called the village pharmacy for its many medicinal qualities. Nimbin, the organic chemical compound derived from the neem plant, is known to have anti-inflammatory, antipyretic (fever-reducing), fungicidal, antihistamine, and antiseptic properties.
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum)
- The most sacred of herbs in India, Tulsi is rich in antioxidants and other nutrients. Tulsi is a known antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral which make it effective in fighting infections
- Red Sandalwood
- Red Sandalwood is known for a variety of medical uses such as fluid retention, treating digestive tract problems, purification of blood and treatment of coughs.
- A divine grass common in south India, Vetiver is hailed in Ayurveda. In the Ayurvedic tradition, it is believed that the aroma of the Vetiver essential oil strengthens and connects all functional aspects of the mind through its healing and balancing properties.
72 Inches x 27 Inches
Usage & Care Instructions:
- Check the side of the yoga mat before laying it on the floor. The naturally rubberised back looks a bit darker than the top surface — this should go on the bottom. If you feel your mat slips on the floor, it’s likely laid out upside down so try flipping it over.
- Wash in cold water and air dry, feel free to dry in the sun or near a radiator as long as the radiator is not too hot.
Have Questions?Ask our Chief Curator
To keep it simple and straight-forward, we offer Free Shipping on all orders across Mainland UK.
Please allow 15-20 days from order date for your order to reach you.
Please reach out to us, should you need Expedited Delivery. For some products, we might be able to arrange that for you. Additional charges might apply.
Here's why it takes longer than the usual norm of 5-7 working days:
- Most of our products are handmade and in some cases, get made after you place an order with us.
- We often consolidate orders(esp. light weight items) and have them sent to our UK warehouse in batches, following which a thorough quality check is conducted before they get dispatched you by Royal Mail or similar local courier services.This saves courier cost and in return, ensures that:
a) You get products at affordable prices.
b) We can offer a fair remuneration for the artisans who make these lovely products.
As we move ahead in this journey, we are committed to reinvesting a decent portion of our profits into skills development programs at the grass-root level
We strongly believe, this approach, will be fair to all involved.
We sincerely hope that you appreciate this effort and will extend your wholehearted support to this endeavour.
Finally, When in doubt, we are just an e-mail or phone call away. Reach out to us and we will endeavour to provide you the best options possible.
These are initial days and we are always working on ways to decrease the wait time and get your order to you you within the earliest timeline possible, without impacting the price you pay.
With your support, we are confident that we will get there soon.
The 'Made with Love in India' team
You are the reason we are here and we will do all it takes within reasonable measure to make sure you are happy and come back to shop with us.
You are happy..We are happy.
Before you move to read further sections, please read this:
Most of our products are handcrafted one at a time. It is therefore very rare to create identical items. Every piece is a creation of artisans and there may be natural blemishes/variations that are not product flaws. Such variations are inherent in the manufacturing of handmade products, so you may find minor distinctions that make your 'Made with Love in India' buys, special and truly one-of-a-kind.
The product images on our website may differ from the products you receive due to variations in electronic screens settings (computer/laptop/tablet/Smartphones).
Please note that while we have tried to accurately display the colours of products, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor and may not be accurate.
Damaged/Broken Goods/Wrong Product
Please be assured that we do a thorough quality check and pack it securely before it gets dispatched to you.
Nevertheless, should it ever, unfortunately reach you in a damaged or broken condition, please get in touch with us within 48 hours of receiving your order and we will happily arrange for a replacement or a full refund for you.
Just reach out to us over email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or whatsapp(+44-7776032151) to have things sorted out for you.
Kindly share pics when you reach out to us; that will help us pursue claims, where possible, with Royal mail or similar services that we use to handle the order delivery.
For any reason, you are not fully satisfied with your purchase (we are confident that would be rare), you can return it within 14 days of receipt.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Once we receive the package, post inspection, we will initiate a refund within 14 days of receipt. Unfortunately, we cannot refund you the delivery costs.
Exceptions: We will not be able to entertain return requests for personalised goods because they will hold no market value, if returned. We hope, you understand.
How to Return
Wrap the unused item securely in its original package. Complete the Returns Form supplied with your delivery and enclose in the package. Can't find the Returns Form? Send us an e-mail (email@example.com) and we will send one across to you.
Please remember to ask the Post Office or the courier company you use, for your proof of posting certificate and retain it for your reference until you have received your refund. Without this, we cannot process a refund esp. if we do not receive the returned item. Please send all returns to the address mentioned in the returns form.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. If you are returning an item over £20, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance.
We really appreciate any feedback that you may have about a product, so please be sure to tell us why you are returning it.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he/she will find out about your return.
This does not affect your statutory rights.